Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sorry! I know I've been missing for a week now, my the days fly by now! Perhaps that has something to do with the fact that it is getting dark here around 6 instead of 9:30pm. Most dread this time of year when the sun is darkened for a longer period of time, and the air is down right freezing (I was going to say chilly, but that wouldn't have been the whole truth now would it!).

We are in the middle of yet another "Deleware Week" for those that don't know this means that Hubby is away Monday (5:30am) to Friday (7pm) on buisness. Since the beginning of September this has happened every 2 weeks but we are hoping that after the next trip he will be able to stay home for 2 weeks inbetween trips.

Since it is so cold out, and since I have to keep myself busy so that I don't burst out in tears from missing Hubby I've desided to get down to buisness and work on a lot of unfinished projects. For my sister's birthday (tomorrow) I've made a series of mini barley bags so that she can take them with her in her travels as she just recieved a new job of stewardess on an airline. A funky hat and scarf complete the gift!

After I sign off I will start cutting out the fabric for one of the cloth bags that I mentioned in the last post. I'm thinking of using the Toile and a grey/blue fabric...hopefully the go well toether!

Oh and the mural in the playroom is finally penciled out and ready for some paint (after 2 years).

Jiffy rolls are in the oven and my dear SIL and a friend from the Ecclesia are coming over for tea in about an hour so I must fly but here is a wonderful recipe for get togethers:

Jiffy Cinnamon Rolls:

All-purpose flour 2 cups
Granulated sugar 2 tbsp
Baking powder 4 tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Cold butter or margarine 1/4 cup
Cold milk 1 cup

Butter or margarine, softened 1/3 cup
Brown sugar, packed 1cup
Cinnamon 1 tbsp
currants or cut up raisins 1/3 cup

In a large bowl put flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in first amount of butter until crumbly. Make a well in the center.Pour milk into well. Stir to form soft dough adding a bit more milk if needed. Turn out on lightly floured surface. Knead 8 to 10 times. Roll into rectangle about 1/3 inch(1cm) thick and 12 inches(30 cm) long.

Cream second amount of butter, brown sugar and cinnamon together well. Drop 1 measuring teaspoon (5 ml) into each of 12 greased muffin tins. Sprinkle currants over top. Roll up as for jelly roll. Mark first then cut into 12 slices. Place cut side down in muffin pan.

Bake in 400*F (200* C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Turn out on tray. Makes 12.Glaze: To 1/2 cup(125ml) icing sugar, add enough milk or water to make a thin glaze. drizzle over cinnamon rolls.

No comments: