Friday, June 08, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Expectation

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..

OK, are you ready? Please give me your best five minutes on:

...

Really? Right now? sleep.

period

listening to Baby try to put herself to sleep by herself

its only been a minute and a half

yes I'm COUNTING!

and the expectation of that silence is so taunt I can feel my head crouch down into my shoulders and tense up and breath holding...

wait. That's it! are..........................you..................................serious! I've been waiting SIX months and she is asleep. Wow. okay Husband was right (he really honestly always is)

That was too easy. So now? I'm looking at the sky and expecting rain. we;'re in drought in Ontario in June so this is a desperate expectation.

but just hold on a second. What am I really expecting. Every day.

Other then chocolate people!

The return of Christ. Really that is all I should be expecting and should be longing for. Only he can make everything right again. Heal our hearts. Stop the pain and then take it all away.

Peace. That aching longing for peace that you feel pulsing through every single microscopic cell of your being, long for that serenity that is completely filling and whole.

and that expectation is all that matters. More then sleep. More then chocolate. More then acceptance. More then well anything.

Even so come, Lord Jesus!

No comments: